Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
strictlydata strictlydata is offline

Default Excel Validataion listbox

Thank you both for your replies

The problem is the data changes so I don't want the validation to be static
I would like the data to be read from sql everytime the validation is used.

Thanks

--
1

"sacrame" wrote:

Enter the list anywhere in the same sheet (at IU1). Select the cell where you
want the validated list.
Go to Data, Validation. Under Allow select list which will prompt you to
select the list and now you can select the list of names entered in IU1

"strictlydata" wrote:

Hi Guys

Trying to make it simple

I have a sql table with say 6 entries in

ie

Ben

Bob

Fred
Guy

Tony

Garry

I have created a connection and recordset to the sql using vb 2005

on double click I would like to create an excel validation which consists of
these entries

so the user can only select these choices for lets say for all column A

HAs any one got any ideas on how to achieve this?