Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
J Wait J Wait is offline

Default Close workbook without being prompted to save in VBA

I tried what you said to begin with, and even though I told it to save before
I told it to close, it still prompted me to save on the close command. I
don't know what else to try. I've never run into this problem before.

I have also tried "ActiveWorkbook.Close True", and it still prompts me to
save.

To answer Jim's question, I don't have any "on close" event code, so I can't
try what he suggested.

Please let me know if you have any other ideas I could try. I'm hung up on
this one piece of the code!

"TG" wrote:

On Dec 19, 10:36 pm, J Wait wrote:
I am using the following code to close and save a workbook:

Application.DisplayAlerts = False
ActiveWorkbook.Close SaveChanges:=True

I can't seem to get this to work without prompting me to save, even though I
did application.displayalerts = false and I told it to save in the
active.workbook.close command.

I made it work with

ActiveWorkbook.Save
ActiveWorkbook.Close