Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
GrantW GrantW is offline

Default Open a workbook with Notify option

Thank you very much, Dave.
I think I get it now.
Much appreciated.

"Dave Peterson" wrote:

Drop the ()'s

Personally, I find using the named parms much easier to read:

workbooks.open filename:="\\.....\dbase.xlsx", notify:=false

or with the ()'s:

Dim wkbk As Workbook
set wkbk = workbooks.Open(filename:="\\.....\dbase.xlsx", notify:=false)

GrantW wrote:

Jim Rech pointed me in the right direction yesterday with a problem I was
having opening a workbook, and he suggested I look at the Notify option.

Being very green at syntax I have tried to code it like this:

Workbooks.Open ("\\..............NSR\Database\Dbase.xlsx",,,,,,,, ,,False)

with false, so that no notification is sent, but I keep getting a compile
error asking for an expected expression.
What am I missing?
TIA

--

Dave Peterson