Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Tommy Boy[_2_] Tommy Boy[_2_] is offline

Default Indirect in Conditional Formatting

I'm Stumped! I am trying to compare data from two worksheets and change the
formatting of the cells when the data does not match. Below are the three
formulas used in the conditional formatting:

Condition 1
=AND($C31,OR($J3="New",$J3="GAP"))
*This is set to turn the background color Red*
Condition 2
=OR(AND($C3=0,C20,$C40,$J3="Change"),AND(NOT($B3 =$E3),NOT("COMBO-"&$B3=$E3),$E30,NOT($E3="Unassigned"),$J3="Change "))
*This is set to turn the background color Orange*
Condition 3
=AND($J3="Change",NOT(C3=INDIRECT("'"&$B$3&"'!C"&R OW(A3))))
*This is set to turn the background color Black*

My problem with this is in condition 3. This is supposed to first reference
J3, then compare the contents of cell C3 on the current worksheet with cell
C3 on a second worksheet. (Note: The name of the second worksheet is
contained in cell B3 on the current worksheet)

I can get that formula to result in a True/False when in a regular cell, but
when part of the conditional formatting, it doesn't seem to be working. This
will need to be dynamic because I will be copying it from C3 into 7,000 rows
below C3.

Any help would be great!

Tom