Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
sebastienm sebastienm is offline

Default Range help

Hi,
If the value of the C cell is all you need:

A1: =MAX(K:K) ''' get Max value
A2: =MATCH(A1,K:K,0) ''' find cell containing Max value
A3: =INDEX(C:C,A2,1) '''' get value in cells C

Now, as one worksheet formula:
=INDEX(C:C, MATCH( MAX(K:K) ,K:K,0) , 1)
Or if you need it within vba:
dim v
v = Range("C:C").Cells(Application.WorksheetFunction.M atch( _
Application.WorksheetFunction.Max(Range("K:K")), Range("K:K"), 0))
debug.print v
Sébastien
<http://www.ondemandanalysis.com

"millwalll" wrote:

Hi all I have some Data in Coloum K I have Payment amount. I want to Search
this and find the higest amount. Then whatever filed the higest amount is in
go across to coloum c and take the value of that field I have some idea how
it may go but just wanted to get better idear any help be great thanks