Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
[email protected] crferguson@gmail.com is offline

Default TMOO - Mood tag

On Dec 15, 4:25 am, Maurizio Masini wrote:
Hi. I got an excel version of my moodlogic classification and wanted to set the Mood tag for my mp3 collection.
You code works fine for what is there, but when i tried to add the TMOO Mood tag, it is not recognised...

Any clue how ? the sTAgs string shouldn't contain the TMOO tag marker ?

Ciao and thanks!

EggHeadCafe - .NET Developer Portal of Choicehttp://www.eggheadcafe.com

Hello again! I should've dug a little more deep into your questions
because I think I don't think I answered them completely correct....

The TMOO mood tag is actually and implementation of ID3v2.4 instead
v2.2 or v2.3 which is what I created the class for. Version 2.4 isn't
actually out of beta yet so I felt there was little reason to add in
those tags. However, even with that said, looking at the
documentation for v2.4 (http://www.id3.org/id3v2.4.0-structure) it
might be possible to detect the TMOO tag so long as it's included in
the bytes being scanned by my class.

I had told you to add a Debug.Print right after the sTags = Space$(lX)
line, but it really needs to be added after the next line after that
(Get iFN, 11, sTags). That will show you the entire contents of the
tag bytes in plain text. In that string there will be a ton of
encoded info, but the tags themselves are in plain text. You can add
the TMOO tag fairly easily into my class by just increasing the
arrTags and arrFields arrays by one. Then add the new field where the
field names are set in the code.

You've probably already figured all this out on your own, but I
thought I'd do a little cleanup just in case.

Thanks,

Cory