Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Dave Peterson Dave Peterson is offline

Default how do i empty the clipboard from within an excel macro

That didn't work for me in xl2003.

What was it supposed to do?

In this case, it sounds like the OP was describing the same situation that you
described.

JLGWhiz wrote:

Here is a code snippet and the web site it came from. Dave's solution works
well in regular code where copy and paste actions have occurred.

http://officeone.mvps.org/vba/clear_clipboard.html

Sub ClearClipboard()
CommandBars.FindControl(Id:=3634).Execute
End Sub

"surreyjed" wrote:

My macro opens a series of files (approx 32) and copies information from them
into the main file, closing the file with the information each time. The
macro works OK, except each time it closes a file it requires manual
intervention- asking if I want to empty the clipboard of the large amounts
data stored in it. I would prefer that the macro automatically emptied the
clipboard without the need for manual input.

-any help please?

--

Dave Peterson