Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
[email protected] whatsupdoc205@hotmail.com is offline

Default Pls explain this VBA oddity

I am looking at some VBA code in an effort to help someone. One sub
has the following statements juxtaposed:

foobar = 1234
foobar = 1234

First, what sense could there be in assigning the value twice? Does
VBA have a concept of event variables, such that each assignment
triggers an event? (Just a wild guess.)

Second, "foobar" is never used on the right-hand side of any statement
within the sub. I have done a "find" on the entire project, and I
cannot find any declaration of a global scope.

Is there some other way that I can determine where and how "foobar" is
declared?

PS: This VBA code seems to be developed by a professional. So I
doubt that the code is as purposeless as it appears.

TIA for any insights.