IanRoy

Hi, HT;
Don't know about an alert, but you could select everything in the sheet, and
unhide it. Your keystrokes would be:
ctrl+a (to select all), alt-o-c-u (to unhide columns), and alt-o-r-u (to
unhide rows).
Best regards,
Ian.

"HT" wrote:

When I look at a spreadsheet with or without a pivot table I want to
immediately know that data is hidden without having to count and see if all
the rows and columns are consecutive..is there anywhere in any type of
spreadsheet that you immediately know "hey this spreadsheet contains hidden
data". I know that sending it to an outside source is the reason the data is
hidden but
I am simply taking internal spreadsheets and am not sure how or why they
hide stuff.

Thank you.