Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Dave Peterson Dave Peterson is offline

Default Accessing ranges with integer variables

Just a clarification on Jerry's post.

If Graphs isn't the activesheet, then those unqualified ranges (cells()) will
cause trouble with the code.

I'd use:

with worksheets("Graphs")
.range(.cells(1,1), .cells(200,1)).clearcontents
end with

Those dots in front of the .range & .cells mean that they belong to the object
referred to in the previous "with" statement--in this case the Graphs worksheet.

Jerry W. Lewis wrote:

Worksheets("graphs").Range(Cells(1,1),Cells(200,1) ).ClearContents

Jerry

"Andrew" wrote:

Hello,
I need a snippet of code to implement the code show here, but
using variables as the range argument.

Worksheets("graphs").Range("A1:B200").ClearContent s

What I would like to do is replace "A1:B200" with an integer value (to
be entered by user) of 200. Is there a way I can do this using
Cells(x,y)? Can the Cells command be used to access a range, as
opposed to a single cell?

thanks
Andy

--