Dave Peterson

You wrote:

Problem is, if there is no value in I19, it returns #N/A,

I checked to see what was in I19 first.

If you have to check I19 and J19, you could use Max's suggestion.

If i19 returns an error that you want to avoid:

=if(iserror(i19),"",....

KDD wrote:

Hi Dave i dint understand your sugggstion

I19 is a dependant cell of J19, but i want to ensure K19 doesnt return #N/A
when J19=0.

pls help

--
KDDXB

"Dave Peterson" wrote:

Maybe just check for i19 first.

=if(i19="","",index(....))

I showed "", but you could use any thing you wanted.

KDD wrote:

How do i use this formula to return 0 without using ISERROR.

=INDEX($D$6:$K$10, VLOOKUP(I19,$B$6:$C$10,2), HLOOKUP(J19,$D$4:$K$5,2))

Problem is, if there is no value in I19, it returns #N/A, which in turn
effects all my other formulae linked to that cell into #N/A.

Pls help. Thank you.
--
KDDXB

--