Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Otto Moehrbach Otto Moehrbach is offline

Default Automatically copy formulae to next empty row

Dylan
You can use a Worksheet_Change event macro if you have at least one
column that contains data, as opposed to a formula. If all your columns
contain formulas, picking up on which cell changed is a bit more
complicated. Assuming that you do have at least one column with data, you
could code something like the following:
Check if the changed cell is in Column (whatever).
If it is, check if the changed cell is in the last occupied row.
If it is, copy/paste whatever you want.
You might also consider changing (by VBA) all your formulas (in that row) to
values once data has been entered if this fits in with your operation. This
will help in keeping your file from ballooning.
Post back if this seems like what you want. HTH Otto
"DDawson" wrote in message
Dear all;

Is there a worksheet change event that will copy all row formulae to the
next five rows when the bottom row is filled with data?

I have a time/ expense billing database on which each row contains a
variety
of Vlookups, validated fields, and other formulae. it is approximately 12
rows wide and an increasing number of rows, expanding downwards.

I am trying to reduce the filesize, because I have currently copied the
formulae etc. down 10,000 rows and the filesize is currently 4mb.

Kind regards
Dylan Dawson