Max

Think you'd need a sub to do it automatically, for which other folks versed
in vba could offer to you (I don't know). Hang around awhile.

In the interim, if the formula approach works ok, we could always fill the
formulas in an empty column to the right, say in col G. Then just copy col G
and do a paste special values to overwrite col A. And then delete col G.
Its just a couple of steps.
--
Rgds
Max
"Andy100" wrote in message
Thanks for the speedy response Max, problem is i already have info in B1,
C1, D1 and E1. I was wanting a way of actually REPLACING the info in

column
1 (i.e. BA1234) and REPLACING it with (BAW1234), if you can see what i'm
getting at.

Kind Regards
Andrew