Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
John Bundy John Bundy is offline

Default Problem running VBA 2000 code in Excel 2003

I remember this happening to me but it has been a while. If i remember
correctly you need to make sure that you are running the latest service pack
and check your references to make sure none are shown as missing. not 100%
sure but something similar worked.
--
-John
is helpful.

"Smurfette18" wrote:

Hi,

I use Office 2003, and I am trying to run a set of procedures written
in Excel 2000. My understanding is that Excel 2003 should be able to
handle Excel 2000 code, but I am running into a lot of problems. For
instance, functions like "left" and "trim" do not work (for "left", I
get a compile error that says "Can't find project or library"). If I
write my own macro using "left" in a different workbook, it works
fine. Do I have to add additional references to the Excel 2000
workbook? Is there some sort of update I need to install? Any ideas?

Thanks!