Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Curt Curt is offline

Default file not there

Private Sub OptionButton12_Click()
OptionButton12.Value = False
Dim word As New word.Application
Dim wordDoc As word.Document
word.Visible = True
Set wordDoc = word.Documents.Open("annc.doc")1 (yearly.doc works fine)
'word.Visible = True
End Sub
1 if I use a file that has been there this works ok any time I use a new
file or rename a file i get 5174

"FSt1" wrote:

hi
error 5174 is "Application-defined or Object-defined error".
Post your code. I suspect that you may have your dims mixed up.

Regards
FSt1

"Curt" wrote:

built a new file and saved it in folder again when I try to access it gives a
5174 error code. File is in place and all correct. Rebuilt the file three
times and saved over still 5174 any ideas?
Thanks