Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
John Austin[_6_] John Austin[_6_] is offline

Default Automation performance degradation in Excel 2007

I have a VB6 app that creates about 100 populated Excel spreadsheets. I have
installed Office 2007 and the performance of the application has degraded
significantly.

On the same PC, extracting data from the same database, the creation process
takes 50 seconds with Office 2003, but 165 seconds with Excel 2007.

What is happening here? Why is Excel 2007 so slow? The application creates
several hundred of these spreadsheets each week and takes over an hour to
complete with Excel 2003. If Excel 2007 were used it would take all day!

--
John Austin