Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
WannabeExcelQueen WannabeExcelQueen is offline

Default macro to move data to new column

I tried that and it dint' work.

I have data in column a (names)

in columb B are addresses, suites, and citySTzip

I need the suite to move from B2 to C1 and the CityState to move from B3 to D1

I need to be able to do this continually and so on.

Thank you. I'm not all that familiar with the macros so if you know the
code and should I put it in the immediate window in Visual Basic or open up a
module I would need to know that too.

Thanks much.

"WannabeExcelQueen" wrote:

I have data that needs to be moved from column B to C and D

Basically it's set up like below, and I need cell B2 to move to C1, and B3
to move to D1 and so on. There is a space in between sets like this and some
of them have a suite and some do not. So some sets are 4 rows then a blank
space, and some are 3 rows then a blank space.

A B C D
1 First M. Last 123 Street Name
3 City, State Zip
4
5 First M. Last 123 Street Name
6 City, State Zip
7
8

What I need is for the Suite to go to C and the CityStateZip to go to D
automatically.

Is there a code or macro I can use to do this without having to move each
row and then delete all the blanks?