Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Tim Williams Tim Williams is offline

Default Using comma inside the comma delimited text in Data Validation

If you just want numbers to be selected, just have numbers in the list.
There's no way to "format" the list.
If you really want "commas" then you could use intermediate formulas to
strip them out for calculations.

Tim

"LasseH" wrote in message
Hi Tim,

Thank you, this would work ...until the user picks an item in the list
and
the content of the cell will be some text containing the ascii130
character
in stead of the number 10.000, which Excel will not be able to fx.
subtract
from another number.

Any other ideas? I just want a combobox in a cell, it do not neccesarily
have to be Validation object. I prefer not to use an ActiveX Combobox
object,
though.

/Lasse

"Tim Williams" wrote:

sVal="10" & Chr(130) & "000,20" & Chr(130) & "000"

Selection.Validation.Add xlValidateList, , , sVal

Tim

"LasseH" wrote in message
This works fine:
Selection.Validation.Add xlValidateList, , , "10000,20000,30000"

How do I use comma INSIDE my items in the list, fx. if I want the list
contain:
10,000
20,000
30,000

One would assume that the following would do the trick, but it doesn't:
Selection.Validation.Add xlValidateList, , ,
"'10,000','20,000','30,000'"

Any idea on how to do this?