Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Eric Eric is offline

Default Lookup

Joel,

I will try to answer your questions:
1. The formula is placed on cell C9.

2. I will need to look up tests numbering from 1 - 500 and limits within
the row that corisponse to the test number. It all depends on what test
number I am running at that time.

3. The 1.33 is coming from a number I have made up. It would actually be
known as the Upper Quality Limit and that is mathmatically calculated in cell
(C6). I have that done already.

1.33 is cell C6
test number is cell A1
Table too look up numbers are from A14:CX514

I hope this answers all your questions. Any more let me know. THanks

ERic

"Joel" wrote:

Where arre you placing the macro? Do you have to lookup test (11-13) and
Limits? If formula is on same row as 11-12 then you just havve to lookup
limits. Same applies if formual is on the same column. Also where is the
1.33 coming from? Is it just a cell reference?

"Eric" wrote:

Good morning all,

I am trying to make a Percent with in Limits (PWL) calculation. I am
stumped on how to make a formula for it. Here is a sample

ie: % With in Limits
test 100 99 98 97 96 .......
11 0.9 0.8 0.6 0.3 0.1
12 1.8 1.7 1.5 1.3 1.0
13 2.9 2.8 2.4 2.2 2.1

Test #12 find number 1.33 Return value of: 97.15

Manual Calculation is: (((98-97)/(1.5-1.3)) *((1.33-1.3)))+97=97.15

Can anyone please help me?

Eric