Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Gary Keramidas Gary Keramidas is offline

Default Find Last Used Row

jim
you have a typo in your sub

msgbox lasTcell(sheets("Sheet1")).row

--

Gary

"Jim Thomlinson" wrote in message
I use this function a lot in my projects. It returns the last cell. You can
easily get the row from that something like this...

sub test
msgbox lascell(sheets("Sheet1")).row
end sub

Public Function LastCell(Optional ByVal wks As Worksheet) As Range
Dim lngLastRow As Long
Dim intLastColumn As Integer

If wks Is Nothing Then Set wks = ActiveSheet
On Error Resume Next
lngLastRow = wks.Cells.Find(What:="*", _
After:=wks.Range("A1"), _
Lookat:=xlPart, _
LookIn:=xlFormulas, _
SearchOrder:=xlByRows, _
SearchDirection:=xlPrevious, _
MatchCase:=False).Row
intLastColumn = wks.Cells.Find(What:="*", _
After:=wks.Range("A1"), _
Lookat:=xlPart, _
LookIn:=xlFormulas, _
SearchOrder:=xlByColumns, _
SearchDirection:=xlPrevious, _
MatchCase:=False).Column
On Error GoTo 0
If lngLastRow = 0 Then
lngLastRow = 1
intLastColumn = 1
End If
Set LastCell = wks.Cells(lngLastRow, intLastColumn)

End Function
--
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson

"Ken Hudson" wrote:

I have a worksheet in which I have deleted rows at the end of the sheet in
some VBA code. In VBA I now want to find the last last row that contains
data. Some columns have data and some are blank so I don't know which column
will consistently have data.

What is the correct code I need to use to return the last row number that
contians data?

TIA.
--
Ken Hudson