Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Scott Scott is offline

Default Insert Formula in Range

thank you, thank you!

i appreciate that and will learn from it.

"Per Jessen" wrote in message
Hi Scott

Option Explicit

Sub InsertFormula()

Dim c As Range
Dim i As Integer

Set c = ActiveSheet.Range("C3")

Do While c.Offset(0, -2).Value < ""
i = c.Row
c.Formula = "=IF(ISNA(VLOOKUP(A" & i &
",DataRange,1,FALSE)),"""",A" & i & ")"

Set c = c.Offset(1, 0)

Loop

End Sub

Regards

Per

"scott" skrev i en meddelelse
thanks, but how do I make the formula's relative cell reference
increment?

wrote in message
On 12¿ù13ÀÏ, ¿ÀÀü10½Ã38ºÐ, "scott" wrote:
I'm trying to insert the formula shown in CODE 2 below into cells
C3:C13.
C3:C13 is a named range that always will be constantly growing, so my
function
InsertFormula() in CODE 1 should handle the range expanding dilema.

My question is syntax with the formula. CODE 2 shows the formula needed
in
C3. However, when my function loops to the C4 cell, the formula being
inserted needs to change from using A3 cell to the A4 cell, and so on
until
the function fills my range will the formula.

Can someone help me modify my InsertFormula() function to insert the
formula
in each cell while incrementing the relative cell reference?

CODE 1:

Sub InsertFormula()

Dim c As Range

Set c = ActiveSheet.Range("C3")

Do While c.Offset(0, -2).Value < ""
c.Value = xxxxxx ' Should be my formula
Set c = c.Offset(1, 0)
Loop

End Sub

CODE 2:

=IF(ISNA(VLOOKUP(A3,DataRange,1,FALSE)),"",A3)

not c.Value , try c.Formula="=blahblah~"

HTH
sjoo