Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
thomsonpa thomsonpa is offline

Default find numbers in text and put value in another worksheet

Is it possible to write visual basic code that will search the text in a
cell, find the numbers in that text, add them up, and put the total into a
cell on another worksheet, in a cell corresponding to a number in a different
cell on the first page?

sheet 1.
col A. contains numbers. column E, G and I contain text (but not always)

sheet 2.
col A contains numbers, columns ab, ac & ad need to have the total of the
numbers found in the text in sheet 1 E,G or I respectively. When the number
in col A matches.
sheet:1
A j k l
258 2 moml 6 vgml
537 1 sfml 2 moml

results should be on sheet:2

A ab ac ad
258 8
519
253
537 3

Any help please, as I am struggling to learn visual basic on my own.