Chuck Jurgens

Default Graphing inconsistent dates and data

I would like to graph some data - body weight for example. I would set up
the date on the X-axis and the weight on the Y-axis. When inputting the
data, I would LIST every day sequentially and then record the weight next to
the date. If I were to consistently record a weight reading every day, I
would have a nice smooth graph.

However, if I were to record a weight for 2 or 3 days and then skip a day or
2, I would have blanks (0's) by the skipped days. When I graph that data
range, the graph goes haywire because it drops all of the way down to 0 on
the skipped days.

I could easily just delete the days when I didn't take a reading but that
goofs up some of the other things I want to do.

Is there a way to get Excel to generate a smooth graph? I was thinking
there might be a way to "average" the weight on the skipped days, thereby
forcing a smooth graph.

Maybe this has already been figured out but I can't find it. Any
suggestions / advice would be appreciated.

TIA

Chuck