Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Alan Beban[_2_] Alan Beban[_2_] is offline

Default Min Function on 2D Array

ExcelMonkey wrote:
Can't seem to get this to work. I am trying to calculate the min value for
the second column in an array. The printout from my Immediate Window tells
me this value should be 2. However the following line returns a value of 1:

MinRow = Application.WorksheetFunction.Min(Array1, 2)

Sub MakeSenseOfArrays()
Dim Array1 As Variant
Dim MinRow As Integer

ReDim Array1(0 To 1, 0 To 2)
Array1(0, 0) = 1
Array1(0, 1) = 2
Array1(0, 2) = 3
Array1(1, 0) = 10
Array1(1, 1) = 20
Array1(1, 2) = 30

For X = 0 To UBound(Array1, 1)
Debug.Print Array1(X, 0) & " " & Array1(X, 1) & " " & Array1(X, 2)
Next

MinRow = Application.WorksheetFunction.Min(Array1, 2)

End Sub

Immediate Window:
1 2 3
10 20 30

MinRow = Application.WorksheetFunction.Min(Index(Array1,,2) )

Alan Beban