Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
[email protected] rick@recentrisk.org is offline

Default Deleting Columns - Causes Code Changes

When I delete columns, it causes me to go through all of my code and
update it for the new columns.

Question 1:
I know I need to create a Named Range for the column, but do I define
it like this for the entire column? or do I do it just for the first
cell of that column?

This does the whole column =Master!$B:$B but later on if I refer
to this column ("test") can I refer to just one row?

Question 2:
Every time I use the autofilter it doesn't take column letters,
rather column numbers... ex: Selection.AutoFilter Field:=20

How can I use my named range to refer to column 20?

Question 3:
When doing row update I often use code like CurCell.Offset(0,
3).Value so when I add/delete columns I have to go update all of
this code... is there a way to use my named column range and Not use
the offset code?

thanks!