Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
[email protected] pogster@gmail.com is offline

Default VBA Code Optimization

Thats a great start. Thanks for that code suggestion Jim. Maybe
recursive is not the right word, its just that alot of this macro is
the same exact code copied over and over, with slight changes in
variable names, or cell positions. Isnt there a way to shorten the
code by using loops, or objects, or something besides simple
variables.
I might not be savvy enough in VBA to figure out that code on my own,
but i know it must exist.

As for your function, thats exactly what i am talking about. I guess i
meant functions, and not "objects", im thinking in terms of Java i
guess.
I will try to implement that and see if it simplifies (SHORTENS!!!) my
code at all.

The only reason i would want to shorten it, btw, is because i will be
leaving a position i now hold at a company, and i need to be able to
pass my work on to someone else, who will probably not understand VBA
very well. The less code they have to deal with, the better. That is
the atmosphere here.

Btw, what does the function call for that function look like? Is it
just Getcol(1, "Rcc") ?
The row will always be row 1, also.

Thanks again Jim.

-Pogster