Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Alan Beban[_2_] Alan Beban[_2_] is offline

Default Array function

S wrote:
Hi,
If I have an array of number, for instance grades(25,10,30,22), is there a
function that I could use to tell me which position of the array list
contains the smallest value? ie. in this case, it will return 1 as 10 is the
smallest value and its position in the array "grades" is 1.

Thanks.

Since this is in the programming group, and because you referred to 10
as being in the 1 position in the array, I'll assume that grades is a
0-based array.

positionNumber=Application.Match(Application.Min(g rades), grades, 0) - 1

Alan Beban