Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
SteveDB1 SteveDB1 is offline

Default summing by color

April,
with this function you need to use the following "preface" to access the
macro.
in your worksheet cell write hte following:
=worksheetname!sumbycolor(range,colornumber,...)
Part of hte problem you've encountered is that you're accessing a function
that's stored in another workbook, and it does not call to that workbook
UNLESS you state it.
I place all of my macros in a single workbook-- personal.xlsb, so when I
call to that function I write hte following:
=personal.xlsb!SumByColor(.......)
It'll work if you choose that.
Best.

"april" wrote:

i have copied the code from cpearson.com/excel/colors.htm which allows you to
sum a range of cells by color. this worked fine in one spreadsheet but when
i copied the same code to another spreadsheet i get a NAME? error. any
suggestions?

thank you
--
aprilshowers