Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
[email protected] conorfinnegan@gmail.com is offline

Default Referencing Worksheets from Cell Values

Thanks in advance to anyone that can help me here.

I have a workbook that will have a varying amount of sheets with
different names. The range in # of sheets will be 2-10. What I need
to do is use the formula =MIN(Sheet1:Sheet2!A1) where A1 is the cell
in each of the sheets prior to the one I am on, so that I can get the
minimum from the that cell value for each of the sheets. The problem
here is that I want the Sheet1:Sheet2 to not be static, but work based
on values in one or two cells (however it needs to work). I have
formulas that can give me the 1st sheet name and the next to last
sheet name perfectly (the last sheet will be the one for which I will
be running the Min formulas, etc).

Can this be done? Even if I was only able to build a formula that
could pull the information from the sheets preceding the one I was on
(the active one), that would work too.

Let me know if you need more information. Help is greatly
appreciated.

Conor