Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Jon Peltier Jon Peltier is offline

Default Crashing Bug in Solver.XLAM for Excel 2007???

It's not a major change if all you're changing is how Solver is handled.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
_______

"Michael" wrote in message
I'm familiar with using late binding as well but I already have many xla's
that use early binding and don't really care to change them if I don't
have
to. It's not that I'm lazy but I have other things to do as well. I
would
not expect this to fail in the newer version.

Michael

"Jon Peltier" wrote:

I haven't used Solver much in Excel 2007 yet, so I can't say anything too
profound. In any version of Excel, I avoid setting the Solver reference,
because I don't know who might use the workbook, on what version of
Excel.
It's not as elegant, but I've found that it's much more robust, to use
Application.Run to invoke Solver, as I describe in this article:

http://peltiertech.com/Excel/SolverVBA.html

YMMV.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
_______

"Michael" wrote in message
Of course not. It happens from the most complicated case to the
simplest
case of no code being present. I simply thought that would be easier
reproduce for problem resolution.

Michael

"Jon Peltier" wrote:

You mean you have an add-in that otherwise has no code?

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
_______

"Michael" wrote in message
If you create an xla (or xlam) file in Excel 2007 and add a VBA
project
reference to Solver.XLAM using Tools-References, the xla (or xlam)
file
will
crash Excel when it is loaded. You must also add a VBA module
(e.g.,
Module1) to the addin and place a dummy routine in the module such
as:

Sub Test()
End Sub

Has anyone else experienced this problem with Excel 2007?