Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
AshMorK AshMorK is offline

Default Find text string within a named range

Thnks Bob x ur help. But although it makes reference to the named range, the
sub still can't find anything. And returns a "run time error '438': Objet
doesn't support this property or method".

Thanks.

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

Set RngToSearch = ActiveWorkbook.Range("tipos_dcto")

--
HTH

Bob

"AshMorK" wrote in message
Hi all,

I'm trying to find a text string using a named range as the searching area
but it doesn't work:

Sub names()
Dim RngToSearch As Name
Dim RngFound As Range
Set RngToSearch = ActiveWorkbook.names("tipos_dcto")

c = ActiveCell.Value

Set RngFound = RngToSearch.Find(c)

If RngFound Is Nothing Then
MsgBox "xxx"