DBane

Thank you for your reply.
I am lost as to what values need to be placed in the known y's,known x's,
I presume the new x's are the range. what is the const. The length does vary
each week, The range of the figures will be between 20 and 120.
They will change daily. Never more than 8,nor less than 4 figures in the
range. thank you for your patience. My limited knowledge of excel comes from
dummies 101:Excell 97.

"Ron Rosenfeld" wrote:

On Fri, 26 Aug 2005 15:28:02 -0700, "DBane"
wrote:

I have a column of figures 20,30,40,50,60. when I select the range and put
the + at the bottom and pull, the result shows 70. the same using chart
wizard, line, right clicking add treadline. Linear, option, forcast 1
forward,the result 70 also. What formula do I have to place in the cell range
to get the return 70. I have tried trend and forcast. Totally lost.

=TREND(B3:B7,,6)

Or, if the length of your list will vary each week:

--ron