JE McGimpsey

Again, what is your exact formula?

It sounds like you're using "x" and "y" without defining them...

The Help topic I'd suggest looking at is "Correct a #NAME! Error"

In article ,
"Matt" wrote:

Ok I have an order sheet for clothing, if total order quantities reach
certain levels i get a bulk discount. there are 3 levels of discount and so i
wish to return one of 3 values. A1 contains the total no of garments 1-2 are
£20, 3-10 are £15 and 10+are £10 hence i wish a formula which says: if A1<=2
return a value of 20 if 3<=A1<=9 return a value of 15 and if A1=10 return a
value of 10
the formula suggested returns #NAME? if there is a help function associated
with this then i am fine to work through it myself but i can't find one,
largely because i don't know what to search under
thanks again
"JE McGimpsey" wrote:

It's hard to make a suggestion unless you say what "does not seem to
work" means...

Do you get an error? An incorrect value? A crash?

What is your exact formula after you substitute your "x" and "y"
variables for numbers or cell references?