Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
John Bundy John Bundy is offline

Default Locating end of used range- not returning expected value

use this and see how it works, change the "A" if that is not where the data is
My_LastRow=sheets(4).cells(rows.count,"A").end(xlu p).row

--
-John
is helpful.

"Keith R" wrote:

I have code used to append new records (rows) on sheet 4. In the past, I use
the lastrow procedure (below, from this newsgroup) to find the last row
where I can add new data. however, in this particular case, it keeps trying
to add my data near the top of the worksheet. So I used the rows.count to
start troubleshooting, and got the correct value there even though the
lastrow procedure is still at the top of the sheet. I have saved, closed,
and re-opened the workbook, to no avail.

Any ideas why these two would return different values?

Thanks,
Keith
XP/XL2003

(misc code deleted)

My_LastRow = Sheet4.Cells.Find(What:="*", After:=[A1],
SearchDirection:=xlPrevious).Row
MsgBox Sheet4.UsedRange.Rows.Count
'returns a value of 77, which is accurate
MsgBox My_LastRow
'returns a value of 2, then after adding a record it returns a value
of 3.