Dave Peterson

You could apply data|filter|Autofilter to that column.

Then filter by that column (click the downarrow) and choose
custom
(scroll down the list)
does not contain
-

And you'll see just the cells that don't have dashes.

Then to see everything:
data|filter|show all
(or click the arrow and choose (all))

The autofilter stuff is really a nice way to see your data. I'd select the
whole range and apply to all the columns.

Lee wrote:

is there a way to hide rows that have a certain character in that row.

example
B1
1
-
-
4
5
The rows with a "-" gets hidden and if the cell gets data other than "-"
later it would unhide the row.

a guy at work said this wasn't possible. without programing. I don't know
that much about VBA. So if that is the only way I guess I will have to learn

Thanks in advance

--

Dave Peterson