Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
[email protected] rleavitt@smithgroupre.com is offline

Default 2003: Slow Response on ClearContents

On Nov 29, 9:47 am, JLGWhiz wrote:
Check you worksheet code modules for Worksheet_Change code, or any code in
the stanadard module or formulas in the worksheet cells that might trigger
from changes in the cells value and would recalculate.

Thanks for the reply. As far as I can tell I do not have any reference
to Worksheet_Change in any modules. I note that the delay on
ClearContents occurs even when automatic calculation is set to False.
Another clue... it takes longer to clear cells the farther down on the
sheet I go. For example, rows 1-100 clear quickly, but rows
20001-20100 take a long time.