Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Rick Rothstein \(MVP - VB\) Rick Rothstein \(MVP - VB\) is offline

Default referring to increasing VBA variable name in loop

If I change the XL reference to Application, then it works in XL2007 also.

Rick

"Dave Peterson" wrote in message
It worked fine for me in xl2003.

Alan Beban wrote:

wrote:
I guess great minds think alike since everyone recommended the array,
thanks!

I make no claim for its utility, but I'm curious whether the following
works (I don't have a more current version of xl):

Sub abtest4()
Names.Add Name:="phrase1", RefersTo:="Hello"
Names.Add Name:="phrase2", RefersTo:="Goodbye"
For i = 1 To 2
XL.Speech.Speak Evaluate("phrase" & i)
Next

Dave Peterson