Sandy Mann

When you highlight the range XL analyses it to see what it is incrementing
by and continues the series when you pull down on the "Fill Handle" (the +
at the bottom). The get this by a formula enter:

=A5+10

(assuming the the original range was in A1:A5)

--
HTH

Sandy

Replace@mailinator with @tiscali.co.uk

"DBane" wrote in message
I have a column of figures 20,30,40,50,60. when I select the range and put
the + at the bottom and pull, the result shows 70. the same using chart
wizard, line, right clicking add treadline. Linear, option, forcast 1
forward,the result 70 also. What formula do I have to place in the cell
range
to get the return 70. I have tried trend and forcast. Totally lost.