Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
davegb[_2_] davegb[_2_] is offline

Default range not carrying over

On Nov 21, 12:03 pm, Dave Peterson wrote:
There was no following code.

By following code, I meant the code that runs after the form is
closed. When it tried to run, since none of the variables that were
defined by the user filling in the userform, I was geting an undefined
variable error. So the Cancel button has to not just close the
userform, but stop running the other code.

Thanks again for all your help.

davegb wrote:

On Nov 20, 8:14 am, davegb wrote:

#2. Maybe you could just unload the form.

Private Sub btnCancel_Click()
unload me
End Sub

I modified the code to try this. I remember I found this in this NG
some time ago and tried it, but it didn't recognize "Me" and I had to
replace it with the userform name to get it to work. Never figured out
why. Can't test it until I figure out why I'm getting the compile
error in the General module.

I made this change but it caused problems. When I just close the form,
the following code tries to execute but since the userform data is not
there, I get undefined variable errors. Is there a better way of
handling all this? For now, to work on the program, I just put back
the End statement.

#1. Difficult to guess without seeing what changes you made.

Of course. I prefer to work on a problem for a while before I post
here. I learn more that way and actually get to write some code. I
appreciate you experts taking the time to help me out here, but I
prefer not to bother you until I'm stumped. Thanks again for all your
help.

Found the problem and fixed it.

davegb wrote:

On Nov 16, 4:31 pm, Dave Peterson wrote:
<<snipped

Dave, thanks for your reply.
I moved the public declarations from the userform module to the
general module. Now I'm getting a compile error on one of the
variables that I wasn't getting before. Not sure why, but I'm trying
to track it down.

As for the Button Cancel routine resetting my variables, I didn't know
it did that, but I don't think it matters. I just wanted to end the
whole routine if the user chooses "Cancel". If there's a better way,
I'm all ears, like Prince Charles! :)

--

Dave Peterson- Hide quoted text -

Dave Peterson- Hide quoted text -