Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Rick Rothstein \(MVP - VB\) Rick Rothstein \(MVP - VB\) is offline

Default How to force selection of all current text in textbox control on entry?

If your user Tabs into the TextBox, it will automatically select all the
text without you having to do anything; so I presume you are talking about
selecting the TextBox using the mouse. If so, try putting the code you
posted into the MouseDown event for the TextBox and see if that is the
effect you are after. (You could put it in the MouseUp event, and logic
would almost dictate that to be the correct event to use; however, the
selection method is more instantaneous using the MouseDown event.)

Rick

"Chrisso" wrote in message
Hi All

I have a text box on a form. When the user selects the text box it is
*always* to completely change the value. Therefore I would like to
program an event that selects all the current text in the text box
when the user selects it - that way they are ready immediately to
begin typing the new value.

Hoever I cannot get this to work:

Private Sub txtCanvasSizeWidth_Enter()
Me.txtCanvasSizeWidth.SelStart = 0
Me.txtCanvasSizeWidth.SelLength = Len(Me.txtCanvasSizeWidth)
End Sub

Can anyone help? Thanks in advance for any ideas?

Chrisso