Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Nigel[_2_] Nigel[_2_] is offline

Default Autofilter-Filtered List Scan

Hi All
I use an autofilter on my 'database sheet' of records to selectively filter
the required data.

I currently scan the visible filtered list and transfer data to my report
and chart sheets. I scan from the first row to the last filtered and
visible row. Testing each row using Not EntireRow.Hidden. This works
fine.

What concerns me is that as my 'database sheet' get longer, that scanning
ALL rows, and selecting the not hidden rows is a big overhead and things
will slow down.

IS there a better way? For example copying the filtered list to an array
and scanning this - I am not sure how to do this.

Nigel