Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
LinnT LinnT is offline

Default How to populate a combobox based on selection from another com

Hi Trevosef,

Thanks! It was a big help.

I have another question.
Once I have made a selection in combobox1 and combobox2, when I reselected
another item from combobox1, the combobox2 still show the last selected value
which might not be very "friendly". How do I set combobox2 to blank when I do
a reselection from combobox1?

Regards.

" wrote:

On Nov 22, 10:20 am, LinnT wrote:
Hi,
I have 2 combobox with data inside.
When I select an item (eg. x) from ComboBox1, I require ComboBox2 to
contain/filter only related items to x.

Can I confirm that I couldn't use any existing Excel functions to do that?
How do I do that with macro?

I tried to do that by creating a Form in macro and adding comboboxes to the
Form. However I would still prefer to do it in a worksheet.

Thanks.

Hi LinnT,

The example 'Dependent Lists Country City' in this website
http://www.contextures.com/excelfiles.html#DataVal uses existing Excel
functions to achieve this dependency.

Regards
trevosef