Dave Peterson

tools|options|general tab
"at startup, open all files in:" <xl2002+ wording
"Alternate Startup File location" <before xl2002 wording

And don't forget to look in _all_ the XLStart folders (there could be more than
one based on the upgrade path).

And look under Tools|Addins, too.

Parker wrote:

Thank You for the response David. I dont see that in that tab in options.
Anywhere else to look?

"David Hepner" wrote in message
Did you check

ToolsOptionsGeneralAt startup, open all files in:

"Parker" wrote:

Hello All,

I have a client that when opening Excel from the shortcut on the desktop
it
opens a "personal" file(named at the top next to Excel in the Program
title)
that she didn't create, that can contain multiple macros?!?. If they
click
on file then new the new workbook will then open fine. There is nothing
in
the xlstart folder. Using Office 2000 Pro on Xp Pro. Any Idea how this
happened and how to stop it from opening this way?

Thank You for Any Responses In Advance

--

Dave Peterson