Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Rick Rothstein \(MVP - VB\) Rick Rothstein \(MVP - VB\) is offline

Default Speed of fixed array versus dynamic array

I'm not sure, then, that I understand your use of the word "building". Why
would something like this....

Dim Items() As String
Items = Split("One,Two,Three,Four", ",")

or this...

Dim Things() As Variant
Things = Array(1, 2, 3, 4)

not be considered building a dynamic array? As a side point, you introduced
the word "building"... the OP's original statement was

"Also, I have been using dynamic arrays but did not use Redim."

Rick

"Bob Phillips" wrote in message
I wouldn't call that building a dynamic array in either case.

"Rick Rothstein (MVP - VB)" wrote in
message ...
How did you build a dynamic array without using Redim?

You can use an assignment from the Split and Array functions, as well the
directly assigning another (already dimensioned) array, to do that.