Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Please help Please help is offline

Default Userform Question

Hi Nigel,

Thanks for the code.

First of all, where do I use the code? Is it in "ThisWorkbook" or the form
in Visual Basic?

Secondly, what would you suggest on handling the situation below?

I created a user form, and when the workbook containing the user form opens,
the workbook will be hidden. On the user form, I have a close command
button, and when the user clicks on it, it will close the user form as well
as the workbook. However, when the user clicks on the top-right corner of X
button, the form closes but the workbook does not close. How should I do
either just to have my command button active or to close the workbook when
the user clicks on the X button?

Thanks.

"Nigel" wrote:

There is no form property to disable this option. You can only do this via
an API call. Alternatively you can intercept the user pressing the button
and choose to ignore it. e.g.

Private Sub UserForm_QueryClose(Cancel As Integer, CloseMode As Integer)
If CloseMode = 0 Then Cancel = True

Nigel

"Please Help" wrote in message
How do I disable the close button (X button) at the top-right corner of a
user form? I looked for it in the form properties, and I didn't find it.

Thanks.