Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc,microsoft.public.excel.programming,microsoft.public.excel,microsoft.public.excel.sdk
Goofball Goofball is offline

Default Exit from Excel edit mode using IDispatch

Thanks, however the problem is a bit different.

User opens some file and starts editing the cell, thus putting excel
into the edit mode. Then I launch my application that works with excel
ole object. And I can't activate that object, bacause of an error.
I've ivestigated that issue and found out, that this is because excel
is in the edit mode. So, I basically need to tell excel to exit that
mode. If its possible :)

On Nov 13, 10:34 pm, Colby Africa wrote:
It sounds like you need to call the following:

IOleInplaceObject::InPlaceDeactivate()
IOleObject::Close()
IUnknown::Realease()

In order to fully exit and close theExcelprocess. It has been years
since I did anything like that though!

HTH,

Colby