Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
RyanH RyanH is offline

Default Save data entered into UserForm to be Edited later

Thanks for sticking through this Nigel. I realize I haven't explained my
situation throughly and I'm sorry for that. But let me try to explain now.
We have 10 different products we sell. Each product has its own UserForm and
Worksheet to store the data entered into the Userform. When the sales person
fills out a particular products UserForm, the data will be stored on its
associated Worksheet, AND a product description along with a Edit button will
be added to the Order Worksheet (Sheet11). The sales person may add 4
different/same products onto the Order Worksheet. The reason for the Edit
button next to each product on the Order Worksheet is to call that particular
products UserForm (that will be autofilled) for editing.

The issue I do not know how to do is this:

One of our Products we sell are Plastic Sign Faces. Lets say I use
UserForm1(used for plastic faces) to enter data for Item A and Worksheet1
stores that data. Order Worksheet (Sheet11) now has Item A's description
along with a Edit button next to it. What if the sales person wants to add
another plastic face (Item B) using UserForm1?

How do I link the UserForm1 Controls to cells in Worksheet1 so that Item B's
(using UserForm1) data will not be stored (in Worksheet1) on top of Item A's
data? If this happens I will not beable to edit Item A when the edit button
is hit.

At this point I probably confused you even more, but I wanted to try to keep
this somewhat short.

"Nigel" wrote:

I am not entirely clear what you mean by "store all the data on One
worksheet". You indicate that the items are stored in sheet 1 is that not
one worksheet?

If you wish for the user to see ALL items and CHOOSE one to edit on the
UserForm, why not add a ListBox of the item identifier on the UserForm, such
that as each item is added the list is updated, then the user can choose the
item to edit, thus avoiding the Edit button next to each item on sheet1?

Hope I interpreted your needs correctly?

Nigel

"RyanH" wrote in message
Your assumption is correct. I think storing the control values and then
reversing the code isn't a problem for 1 item on Sheet1. But the sales
people will have to add 5-10 items on Sheet1. Is there an easy way to
differeniate the different items on the same Userform? For example, if I
click the Edit Button next to Item #1, Item #1's info will fill the
Userform,
or if I click the Edit Button next to Item #7, Item #7's info will fill
the
Userform. I want to beable to store the data on One worksheet. Is this
possible?

"Nigel" wrote:

I assume you want the UserForm controls to take all the values set at the
time the user added the item?

Reverse the code that put the data on the worksheet, you may need to
store
other control values in the sheet and restore these at the same time.

Nigel

"RyanH" wrote in message
I have a UserForm that the Sales people will be using to calculate the
cost
of a product. The UserForm has many Controls such as CheckBoxes,
ComboBoxes,
TextBoxes, Option Buttons, etc. for the Sales person to navigate
through.
When the sales person is done entering a products description there is
Command Button on the UserForm that they will Click to add the product
description, product quantity,cost and an Edit Button onto Sheets1. I
want
the sales person to be able to click the Edit Button and all the info.
they
entered for that item will automatically be loaded into the UserForm
for
editing. At any time there could be 5-6 items on Sheets1. How could
this
be
done?