Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming,microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
FullCity Consulting Inc. FullCity Consulting Inc. is offline

Default Query SQL Data in Excel with a function?

I have an Excel 2007 spreadsheet with a column of primary keys that match
data in a FileMaker 9 database that is accessible via ODBC (using the
DataDirect SequeLink 5.5 drivers). What I'd like is to be able to fill the
second column with live data from the FileMaker database.

I've been reading about SQLREQUEST() but I can't seem to find that function
after installing the XLODBC add-in (for Excel 2002). Also, I'm not entirely
certain that add-in will work with Excel 2003 or 2007.

Can what I am trying to do be accomplished? Any thoughts?

Thanks!
Adam Aronson
--
FullCity Consulting Inc.