Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
OssieMac OssieMac is offline

Default How to copy and paste row as a text within workbook including numb

Hi Georgee,

What version of xl are you using. I have tested and re-tested with versions
2002 and 2007 and if formatted as text before copy and paste then they get
pasted as text with the $ sign whether I use paste, paste special-values or
paste special-formulas.

If they are formatted as currency then I cannot get them to paste
special-values or paste special-formulas with the $ sign into cells
formatted as text. Are you sure that they are not formatted as currency?

Regards,

OssieMac

"GorKo" wrote:

Please help,
I need to copy some rows from one worksheet to another, within
workbook, and paste them as text including some numbers (currencies)
as a string of characters "$13.00".
The destination worksheet cells are formatted as Text before the paste
operation.
In original worksheet cells are formated as text but after the "paste
as values" operation, cells are getting converted to "Currency"
formatting that strips "$" sign and zeros from two decimal places of
the record (in a destination cell I get just number 13). Is there a
way to force Excel to treat these entries as a text?
By the way, if I include an external workbook in a two step copy-paste
process, excel gives an option save as "Text",
within workbook I do not get that option.

How to work around that?

Georgee