Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
[email protected] web2@umarwadia.com is offline

Default Vlookup Using VBA (without using VLOOKUP function)

On Nov 10, 2:12 am, JMB wrote:
Another approach, if you can sort the lookup table based on the key column,
you could use multiple approximate match lookups to perform an exact match
lookup, which are faster using a single exact match lookup.

To look up an Item in your Table and return the data from the second column:
=If(Isna(Vlookup(Item, Table, 1, 1)),"missing",If(Vlookup(Item, Table, 1,
1)=Item, Vlookup(Item, Table, 2, 1), "missing"))

" wrote:
Hello,

I need to do a Vlookup using a key column to grab about 10 columns
from the lookup table (1000 rows). Using the VLOOKUP function turned
out to be very inefficient (10000 cells of VLOOKUP). I was wondering
if this could be accomplished more efffectively using some variation
of looping/Find/replace/VBA etc. Sample code would be greatly
appreciated.

Manish- Hide quoted text -

I was hoping for a non-formulaic approach (VBA??) which would store
the returned values as values and not a formula.